About

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Boots




Outfit Breakdown
Dress:  French Connection (last year)
Boots: Nine West Outlet (similar)
Tights: Hue via Marshalls Link!

I've always had a really hard time finding boots that fit, I have pretty muscular calves and I find most boots are made for skinny legged people.  In the past I mostly had to wear "slouchy" boots or Uggs (gasp!).  It was my mission over the past two years to try and find black and brown boots that I could wear to work and with skinny jeans.  Last year I found the boots I'm wearing above at Nine West Outlet.  The have a leather front but a stretchy back.  They are super comfortable and easy to slide on, and since they have a leather front I still feel that they look dressy. 
This year I began the search for the elusive brown boot and I ended up with two pairs I like (yay!).  First I found a pair at Banana, I read the reviews online that said they were really loose so I ordered them online on a whim and they fit.  I had also really been wanting to invest in a pair of Frye boots.  I found some this year they were making in extended calf versions.  I ordered online and again, success! 
Moral of the story:  if you have trouble with boots try a stretchy back, reading reviews online or search for boots that come in extended calf sizes.  Also, don't get discouraged.  I have tried on MANY boots to find the perfect ones!

xoxo
Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment